Pen 2 Paper
a disability-focused creative writing competition
The competition is closed for 2016. Thanks to all who entered! We plan to announce finalists the week of October 3 and final results at the end of October.
In the meantime, keep in touch! Sign up to receive periodic P2P updates by email, and join us at our (roughly) monthly Lion & Pirate open mics in Austin, co-hosted with VSA Texas at Malvern Books. Upcoming dates:
- Sunday, October 30, 4-5:30 pm. Pen 2 Paper winners announced, Halloween costumes encouraged!
- Friday, November 18, 7-8:30 pm
- Sunday, December 18, 2-3:30 pm
About the Pen 2 Paper Creative Writing Contest
CTD's annual Pen 2 Paper (P2P) creative writing competition seeks pieces of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and comics that treat the topic of disability. Whether or not you have experience as a creative writer; whether or not you have a disability, we want to hear your voice!
P2P is the ONLY disability-focused creative writing competition in Texas (correct us if we're wrong!). Our goals are to:
- give writers with disabilities a forum where they can share their work.
- bring awareness to disability issues through the arts.
- challenge all people of all ages to think, rethink, and express their stories, perspectives, fears, and discoveries about disability.
While P2P is based in Texas, people from other states or countries are welcome to enter.
Each year, entries are evaluated by a panel of volunteer judges, and prizes are awarded to the top entries in each category. Winners and finalists will be posted on P2P's website and given opportunities to share their work in public settings.
Local and state sponsors and volunteers help make the competition possible by contributing their time, expertise, products, services, and energy.