Right Footed (2015) is not yet rated and has a run time of 82 minutes. This film screened at the Festival Friday November 6, pre-show at 5:45 pm, doors at 6:15 (view full festival schedule). Audio descrption by VSA Texas. Right Footed and Friday night's program were co-hosted by:
Jessica Cox, star of Right Footed, joined Cinema Touching Disability in person November 6 to present her film and answer questions! You can still check out Cinema Touching Disability's exclusive interview with Jessica!
Born without arms, Jessica Cox never allowed herself to believe that she couldn’t accomplish her dreams. An accomplished martial artist, college graduate and motivational speaker, Jessica is also the world’s only armless airplane pilot, a mentor, and an advocate for the disabled. Directed by Emmy Award winning filmmaker Nick Spark, Right Footed chronicles Jessica’s amazing story of overcoming adversity and follows her over a period of two years as she becomes a mentor for children with disabilities and their families, and a disability rights advocate working in the U.S.A. and abroad. (source: RightFootedMovie.com)
Awards and Recognition for Jessica Cox:
- Plane and Pilot Magazine’s 10 Best Pilots, 2013
- Inspiration Award for Women: Most Aspirational, 2012 USA; Inspiration International, 2013 UK
- Guinness World Record: The First Armless Person in the World Ever to Have Obtained a Pilot’s License, 2011
- AOPA LIVE Pilots Choice Award 2010: Most Watched Female Aviator
- Published in Ripley’s Believe It or Not, 2009
Right Footed world-premiered at the Vatican this summer, where it won Best Documentary at the Mirable Dictu International Film Festival. The film has also earned:
- Best Social Impact Film, Hollywood Film Festival (2015)
- Best Documentary, Offshoot Film Festival (2015)
- Audience Award, Awareness Festival (2015)
- Audience Award, Newburyport Documentary Film Festival (2015)
View the trailer below.