2017 Legislative Agenda
CTD and our partners are gearing up for a lot of hard fights during Texas' 85th Legislative Session, which convened January 10. Children's issues like Medicaid therapies and special education; accessible transportation and texting while driving; and sufficient funding for community services are just a few of areas we're targeting at the Capitol this spring.
Learn a little (or a lot) more about what we're working on:
Review our full, web-based legislative agenda, which will be updated regularly throughout session, and includes links to more information about issues and opportunities to take action.
Download a quicker overview of our Top Legislative Priorities, presented at our Legislative Briefing in January. Our presentation slides (covering State Budget & Independent Living, Children's Issues, Transportation, Employment, and Access to Medicine) are also available.
View the archive of our Legislative Briefing from January 9, streamed over Facebook Live.
Interested to help us caption this video? Email us!
Speakers and Topics:
- Dennis Borel (CTD): State budget & Independent Living
- Chris Masey (CTD): Children's issues (00:10:00)
- Chase Bearden (CTD): Transportation, Employment, & Access to Medicines (00:16:00)
- Colleen Horton (Hogg Foundation for Mental Health): Mental Health Peer Support (00:25:40)
- Anne Dunkelberg (Center for Public Policy Priorities): State Budget and Medicaid (00:36:20)
- Dennis Borel & Susie Angel (CTD): Oral Health Care (00:54:20)
- Simone Nichols-Segers (National MS Society), Greg Hansch (NAMI Texas), & Cam Scott (American Cancer Society): Consumer Protections in Pharmaceutical Policy (01:00:40)
- Frank Santos (self-advocate): Access to Medicines (01:12:30)
- Rekha Lakshmanan (The Immunization Partnership): Vaccines (01:24:30)
- Mack Marsh (Parking Mobility): Accessible Parking (01:34:05)
- Will Francis (Texas Forward): State Revenues (01:48:20)
- Kyle Piccola (The Arc of Texas): State Supported Living Center Reform (01:53:20)
- Judy Telge (Coastal Bend Center for Independent Living): Relocation Contracts by Community-Based Organizations (02:00:30)
- Amy Lou Fawell (Texas Mothers Advocating Medical Marijuana for Autism): Medical Marijuana (02:12:30)
CTD's 2017 Legislative Briefing was sponsored by
Questions about our Legislative Agenda? Email us!