Registration now open!
Each year, CTD holds our Annual Convention in a different part of the state, often partnering with local disability groups. When the Legislature meets (odd numbered years), we stay in Austin to take full advantage of advocacy opportunities. During interim years (even numbered), we travel far and wide, to cities large and small, meeting and collaborating with our members. Wherever we land, our Conventions are hubs of consumer education, advocacy training and preparation, and CEU opportunities for professionals. We usually manage to have some fun, too!
In 2016, we began a series of Raise You Voice! Roundtables. These smaller, regional events are designed to introduce participants to the Texas legislative process and allow CTD to interact directly with emerging advocates to identify and address issues facing local disability communities. Together, we aim to improve advocacy capacity, expand influence and identify ways to collaborate and create positive change.
Sponsor a CTD Convention
If your business or organization has a stake in disability issues, consider sponsoring one of our conventions. Often, we work closely with our sponsors on legislative activities or consumer services. We offer multiple levels of sponsorship, all with great benefits to you! Learn more.
- 2017: Raise Your Voice! Training and Advocacy Day (Austin)
- 2016: Raise You Voice! Roundtables in Arlington and Plano.
- 2015: $10 Campaign for Attendant Wages (Austin)
- 2014 (spring): West Texas Disability Resource Conference (Abilene)
- 2014 (fall): Texas Disability Issues Forum (Austin)
- 2013: 35th Annual Convention & Texas Medicaid Matters (Austin)
- 2012: iMake a Difference (McAllen)
- 2011: Community Living: It's MY Choice! (Austin)
- 2010: Our Lives Statewide Convention and Service Providers Expo (El Paso)
- 2009: Brainstorm! (Austin)
- 2008: 30th Annual Convention: Advocacy. Honor. Duty. (San Antonio)
- 2007: Thinktake (Austin)
- 2006: Raise Your Voice! (Corpus Christi)